UAEv Temporary Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's up?

+3
Daniel Oordt
Mark Chan
Romano Lara
7 posters

Go down

What's up? Empty What's up?

Post  Romano Lara Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:21 am

Ever since our COO Robert Kurtz stepped down, I have thought of shutting this development down and just dessert the place. But my friends encouraged me not to, especially David our VP-IT. Why have I thought of shutting it down? Because I thought, we've done or I've done something really bad to make us look bad.. but clearly I didn't. So the show must go on!

Some of you may have noticed that I've been away for a while, but don't worry about it; I'm back!! Although I won't guarantee that the development will expedite, since we're not trying to catch something in here; we have a LOT of time in our hands, big time.

To share why. I am saving funds for the web hosting, but it may take a while. Now why; we're in the middle of an economic crisis in here. I have a lot of expenses in hand like; Electricity, Water, Gas, Miscellaneous and most importantly food. To that I decided to set the web hosting to the least-priority expense. So it may really take a while, now while waiting, let's all share ideas in this forums. To make this VA a really good one, something that we're going to be proud of in the end!

Oh I almost forgot, I'm also preparing for my flying school. I will be flying soon but not too soon to California to pursue my flying career (CPL-CFI-CFII) in California Aviation Services and hopefully, get employed in there. As you can see, I have a lots of expenses recently. It's just a matter of management though, so that's what I'm trying to deal with right now. Just looking at them, tuition fee for the said flying school & transportation from Philippines to USA. It'll cost me more than $2500 in here as estimated, starting with the papers to the International stuffs... so it's SAVE SAVE SAVE for me! Laughing

Should there be a tension to arise? It's better that it show up now, while we're still on this developing stage where we can settle everything down and discuss the tension. It's better that it show up now, rather than the day we're already operating and it'll be quite difficult to solve problems. If you know what I'm trying to say, guys? We're on the ground floor still, ALL problems can be given a solution easily since we can just talk over about it.

Lastly, I would like to apologize if I have been away for quite a while and never heard from me. But here I am now, alive and alive.

Just to let you know guys, I'm doing my very best to come up with the money we're gonna need to start the website construction on July 15/16. But as I've said earlier, it's on the least of my priorities. July 15th is still far away from now anyway, so don't worry... there's a 60% of chance that I will be able to settle with the webhosting company on July 15 or later. Wink

That I promise you guys. Keep the ball of fire rolling & never let it die!!

Romano Lara
Admin

Back to top Go down

What's up? Empty Re: What's up?

Post  Mark Chan Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:51 am

Great News! Cant wait to see the development of the website. I am currently serving in the army and am only back during the weekends. Cant help much but i am pretty sure i will fly with you guys during the weekends when EK is up and i will be always here to cheer you on.

Im learning graphics designing at the moment in hopes of helping you guys out in the future though i may not be as good as Robert.

Mark Chan

Back to top Go down

Post  Romano Lara Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:56 am

Thanks, Mark. Rest assured all your efforts in any ways will be greatly appreciated!

Romano Lara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Daniel Oordt Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:35 am

Romano Lara wrote:Thanks, Mark. Rest assured all your efforts in any ways will be greatly appreciated!

Romano, what are the prices for the web hosting? I can help you with the financial side Smile Let me know.

Regards,
Daniel Oordt
EKVirtual COO

Daniel Oordt

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Claridge Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:18 am

Romano,

If you set up a PayPal account, I'd be more than happy to donate a few bucks. Just please keep us updated if you do so, I like knowing how the money is being used. Smile

Chris

Chris Claridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Romano Lara Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:33 am

Don't worry about the finance, leave it all to me. You guys keep doing you stuffs while I handle this one (finance). Anyway, thanks for your generosity, I really do appreciate it. I'm about to go for a Philippine-based web hosting company, we already had an agreement with their co-founder and they're expecting us. It's Philippine Webhosting, same group that owns NYCheaphosting. It'll cost me around $170. I decided to sign up for this because they're giving out a quality service, yes I did canvas for a good one and got this. Though there's a lot more in there which are way cheaper like hostmonster which they say; is giving UNLIMITED services... which is $5.95 per month. To the downside of it, my credit card is on my father's safe, since it's school days, it's with him.

I don't have an idea why he doesn't trust me when it comes to those stuffs. I'm on an apartment while I'm in college, so all I'm holding are cash.

But as I've said, leave it all to me. I actually like this one better, but same problem, my credit card is not with me. So I will have to go the old way, bank-to-bank transfer.

Laughing

Romano Lara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brandon Lalonde Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:16 pm

Hey guys, do not let the VA fail. This has to keep going in production guys. Many people are looking for a Virtual Emirates this is going to be very successful if things keep going. Keep up the work Wink

Brandon Lalonde

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnathon Neilsen Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:13 pm

Ok here some more....

I have spoken with Robert and he has granted me permission to continue using his images.

I am uploading them to my personal hosting as we speak.

ALso, the staff banners are NOT to be used anymore please as we dont have permission to use the Arabic logo in them. (Belongs to Emriates)

ROmano,

I have a spare web hosting account that I am not using any more all paid for, I would like to donate it to the use of EK Virtual. With that then construction could start immidiately. I will just have to ask my provider to change details.

Regards

Johnathon.

Johnathon Neilsen

Back to top Go down

Post  Romano Lara Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:05 am

Johnathon,

Don't worry about the web hosting, as I've said numerous times; the web space and other related webby stuffs falls under my responsibility.. Wink You guys keep working with your thing to keep this VA going, if there's a time to discuss random stuffs for the benefit of this organization, it's now.

Romano Lara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnathon Neilsen Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:06 am

No worries Romano, i undertsand your financial position and was just offering my services, I have no need for such a server now that my other personal project fell through.

Also, I have completed half the SOP and I should have it up within the next few days.

Cheers.

Johnathon Neilsen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Allison Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:39 am

Just to let you know I also have a spare web server you are welcome to use.

Jack.

Jack Allison

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum