UAEv Temporary Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unscheduled flights

3 posters

Go down

Unscheduled flights Empty Unscheduled flights

Post  Romano Lara Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:59 pm

I am proposing this for the sake of those who are not that much of a "long-hauler". I don't want them to be forced to fly long haul flights just because their with us. So let's give them a chance to fly with our colours on short flight runs; 1 or 2 hour of flight or similar options. See detailed explanation below:

This is how I intend our automatic pirep automation to work in the future. Only those who are using either fsacars (freeware) or fspax (payware) are obliged to book if they want their flights to be automatically filed. So, we're gonna have our timetable of course. But if you want to stick to the old way by manually filing your pirep, then DO NOT book a flight! Just fly the flight your prefer and just manually file it later on.

As for those who enjoy short flight runs; all you have to do is book your own flight if you're using any of our pilot reporting system (fsacars, fspax)... when I said book your own, I mean you will specify your own flight with a form then submit it. But again, if you're not using any of our reporting tool; just fly your preferred flight then manually file later on. Also we're going to use our Pilot ID for ALL our flights. So if you're gonna do a short run, anywhere in the world just use your pilot ID (normal procedures) then insert in your comments "CHARTER".

Yes, we're allowed to fly wherever you want. John, Robert; are you agree on this? I decided to make it this way because it gives our pilot the freedom. Remember, some prefer this flight and yet they can't find that on the timetable. So we'll give them the freedom to do so. You can also use any aircraft for your flight, AS LONG AS IT'S RELATED TO OUR FLEET OR ANY OF OUR CODESHARE PARTNERS. UNLESS BA STARTS USING A C172, WE USE C172... SINCE BA USES AN A320 THEN WE WILL ALLOW YOU TO FLY AN A320. AGAIN, AS LONG AS IT'S RELATED TO OUR FLEET OR ANY OF OUR CODESHARE PARTNERS! Know what I mean? I know in this way, we're gonna attract more pilots because in here we give them a vast variety of options. Wink

Reaction, objection post it here. I appreciate it, and if there's something to change we will work on it. I need to know your reactions.

Romano

PS. This doesn't rule out the professionalism. We will of course, have our Flight Academy to ensure that ALL our pilots are meeting the professional yet fun standards! This in partnership with the VATSIM Pilot Rating. I'm already working with them in South East Asia to give us the privilege to issue ratings and have our "own" criteria in relation to the one's they have in VATSIM; though I think it's on hold since Keith Smith has stepped down.

Us in EKvirtual will establish our flight academy in there near future and have a partnership with this VATSIM Pilot Rating program to ensure the very best from our pilots. We will need CFI (virtual or realworld) to get this flight academy working. But that's another talk for tomorrow and not now. Right now, our main focus is to develop the basic programs for our pilots and establish this VA. It may take us around 5 months, but that's a guarantee. This VA won't vaporize like others who have planned and failed, with dedicated staff like the one's we have now this VA will surely succeed.

Romano Lara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Unscheduled flights Empty Re: Unscheduled flights

Post  Johnathon Neilsen Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:25 pm

Romano,

I would say approximately a quarter the flights in the Schedule are with 2-3 hours of length.

Emirates fly all over the middle east of which is accessable within 2-3 hours. Using mainly, A330 and A340 equipment.
If we are going for professional and realistic, I vote we just stick to the current fleet and schedules as well as the Codeshare partners fleet. Otherwise, we just seem to loose the intended feelings of the organisation.

Cheeers!

Johnathon

Johnathon Neilsen

Back to top Go down

Post  Romano Lara Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:13 am

Good point, Johnathon. Thanks for confirming that! Cause I was about to go for this idea because I want to cater for those who can't ultimately fly long-hauls like we do. I never knew there's a 2-3 hours of flight in Emirates schedule, thanks for confirming that Johnathon.

So what are you working on at the moment? I will have something for you once we're about to start with the website construction. It has something to do with the schedule to compile on a simple excel file for easy reference, but not now; I will let you know when you can start and the format. That's until we're about to start constructing the website. If you have any updates for me, just post it right here.

Have you been working with the test questionaires for the applicants? Remember, just make it something like basic; or some kind of an SOP test or some aviation related questions, the thing is we don't want to make it too complicated for them. I am thinking of giving them option to choose from upon application, having them to choose a division to join in: Training Domicile or our main hubs.

Romano

Romano Lara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnathon Neilsen Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:03 am

Ive just entered a real busy time of year at school, so I cannot dedicate x amount of time just yet, but I have two weeks left untl holidays so then I will get stuck into it.

AT the mo, I have started writing our SOP. Nothing flash yetr but I'll post it here when Im done for sugestions and feedback.

Cheers

Johnathon

Johnathon Neilsen

Back to top Go down

Post  Romano Lara Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:59 am

Hey that's great. I was just about to say that; you can start working with the administrative files and get it posted here for evaluation.

Romano

Romano Lara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Kurtz Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:31 pm

Oh man, I had like seven paragraphs all typed out, hit send and lost it all....maybe it's for the better.

Emirates is so profitable for one reason (putting aside the rumors of getting money from the UAE gov't Wink ), because they stick to the plan. That and I think they are the only airline to have made the thought of a 14 hour plane ride seem actually enjoyable. Laughing

Anyhow, to stay true to our real counterpart, I don't think we should stray far from what they do. that said, I don't see a problem with offering "pilot's choice" route every XX hours. To kind of give something to looks forward to, for lack of a better phrase.

John, let me know if there is anything I can do to help with the SOP. Or other documents.

Robert Kurtz

Back to top Go down

Post  Romano Lara Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:24 pm

Robert Kurtz wrote:Oh man, I had like seven paragraphs all typed out, hit send and lost it all....maybe it's for the better.

Emirates is so profitable for one reason (putting aside the rumors of getting money from the UAE gov't Wink ), because they stick to the plan. That and I think they are the only airline to have made the thought of a 14 hour plane ride seem actually enjoyable. Laughing

Anyhow, to stay true to our real counterpart, I don't think we should stray far from what they do. that said, I don't see a problem with offering "pilot's choice" route every XX hours. To kind of give something to looks forward to, for lack of a better phrase.

John, let me know if there is anything I can do to help with the SOP. Or other documents.

Yeah. He actually opened my eyes on it! Laughing

Then we'll cancel my idea then. So here's what we're gonna aim for now: stick to the operations of our real world counterpart, and if there's a long haul then we go for long haul. Apologies if my idea seems to lack the professionalism we're after... that was just a thought for pilots who basically can't perform more than 3 hours of flight, but anyhow; I am now aware that we're also catering around 2 hours of flight (domestic). Again, my apologies.

So far on the website; the construction will commence on July 15 or on later date no longer than 5 days from target deadline. Deadline for me to get started with the website, July 15. So basically here's what's gonna happen: we're going to implement the use of FSacars and FSpax and last but not the least; Manual PIREP Reporting. But that'll take about a week of programming.

Second. We're going to have 3 Divisions; www.ekvirtual.net , www.skycargo.ekvirtual.net & www.flightacademy.ekvirtual.net ; both divisions will have their different managers, but under the same management of course. I haven't found a Skycargo timetable anywhere, so any luck do you have it Johnathon? the flight academy will be headed by a CFI (real world or virtual).

AND. I want to know the: Focus Cities, Pilot Domiciles, Domiciles of Emirates. Remember, Pilot Domicile is different from the hub itself. We're gonna compile each of them, unlike other VA they didn't properly simulate the domiciles. In here, we might want to simulate it all. So if that's an Emirates Domicile then we simulate it. A lot of things I'm working on right now, one thing is finance Laughing

About the Administrative Files; John, if you need my help on it as well, please don't hesitate to shoot me an email. You know where to catch me. I too have been busy with school and stuffs, given that right now school is just about to start, again.

If you guys need anything or want to ask anything, please send me an email or just post in here. I will reply within 24 hours. Cheers!

Romano Lara

Romano Lara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum