UAEv Temporary Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ideas? Put it right here...

+2
Robert Kurtz
Romano Lara
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ideas? Put it right here... Empty Ideas? Put it right here...

Post  Romano Lara Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:55 pm

As you know we are developing and still on the very ground floor ... so if you have any idea that you think can help us grow or even a random idea for this VA, you are rest assured that it is valued here. For now, just hold on tight and we're in for a ride.

We are also looking for a webmaster, if you have the experience and willing to work without looking for any in exchange please email me at romanolara@hotmail.com.

Romano Lara
Emirates Virtual

Romano Lara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ideas? Put it right here... Empty Re: Ideas? Put it right here...

Post  Romano Lara Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:47 pm

Just an update: Jan 8, 2009

I got a mail from a webmaster, and still on the process of negotiating to get him in. If he accept to take the role, we've got ourselves a good webmaster to get every stuffs going. Keep working on your stuffs while I do mine, if you have anything; please let me know. Any problems? Let us know .... and we'll do our best to solve the issue.

Romano Lara
Emirates Virtual

Romano Lara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Kurtz Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:23 pm

It's good to hear that something is in the work in that department. I have a few suggestion that I am going to throw out here and see what you guys think.

1.) Offering "extras" that pilots might be interested in. Things such as ASCARS, repaints, and special repaints, all of that good stuff.

2.) But before we focus on any of that, focus on solidly establishing a strong base to build upon. I have flown for a few airlines that try to focus on that first topic before anything else. We need a route/operations page that works. Very well. A way to find routes by either destination, arrival, aircraft type, and ETE or distance. I've also seen more than one airline with an incomplete route network. For instance, you'd fly a flight from BWI to RDU, then when you went to the planning page on the website to book your next flight, there were no flights from RDU to anywhere!!! That is no good. People will move on and find somethign that works. Even if you do have ASCARS...or flames painted on the side of your planes. To summarize, lay the basic groundwork first, and be sure it is rock solid.

3.) Aircraft. This is a biggie to me. This is what we revolve around. We don't have real passengers. No real economy. So the people we have to please are the pilots. I think a way to do that is to offer as many aircraft as possible. By that I don't mean that we shoudl offer types that Emirates does not really fly. I mean we need to support use of PMDG, PSS, POSKY, Wilco/Feelthere, CLS, Project Airbus, etc., as many "manufacturers" as possible. I feel that this will help us be more in line with Romanos idea of being an inclusive rather than exclusive airline.

4.) Again, to remain more inclusive, and also because I personally am an avid FSX supporter, I believe we need to offer as much support to FSX users as possible. I know that this can be a pain, but that is mostly for "old" VAs who were already geared up for FS9, and have to transition. We don't have to transition, we can simple include support from the get-go.

5.) Include Emirates SkyCargo, if possible. I feel this is a great way to include the incredibly popular 747-400(F), and more routes/destinations.

6.) Codeshare. I feel that this is a great way to both give pilots more options for routes, and give us more presense. I've been in a few situations where I got to an airport that was way out in the sticks. I flew there for Airline A. The only other route that Airline A offered for that particular airport was to go back to where I came from, or fly 4000nm in the other direction. Rather than do that, I flew a flight for Airline B, who we codeshared with, and flew to another, closer airport. Then continued on again with my original/main Airline A. Clear as mud? Wink I also think that codeshare will offer us an avenue to get more presence/advertising/awareness in more of the community. People will see us more if we codeshare with other existing and upstanding airlines. I fly for Arabian airlines, and I am sure Mahmoud would be happy to at least hear out an offer for codeshare.

I think I'll leave it there for now. Again, these are merely ideas. I don't know at this point how feasible they would be, or how much you guys would like them. But I think that is enough to get a conversation going!

Looking forward to your thoughts gentlemen,
Rob

Robert Kurtz

Back to top Go down

Post  Romano Lara Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:58 pm

Thanks Robert!

I also have those ideas in mind as well; Codeshare and wide variety of fleet support (freeware & payware) and I think that's a job for our repainter. To make it even more fun and if we have the person to do repaints, we can have a special livery ... of course which is fictional special livery!

2nd. As of flight tracking, we are going to try to make use of PIREP Automation; FSacars, FSpassengers and Xacars. Yes, Xacars, we will try to support X-plane as much as possible. For FSX users, we always have FSacars and FSpax which are both great programs to use and affordable. (FSacars is a freeware)

3rd. We are going to open a flight planning department in the near future as soon as we get things up and running, we are going to look more into this. Other than that, we'll of course have our Dispatch team together in our flight planning department. There's gotta be a way to gather all those routes we need...

4th. Codeshare flights; yes I agree for 2 different reasons; 1 to extend our horizon and 2; to provide our pilots a wide variety of options to choose at. You'll notice that if we're going to be Emirates based only we're not gonna be able to turn around those 77W left in LHR! You will notice on the timetable that some flights are operated by BA and other airline... connections! Yes, I am willing to support that. But not now; but in the future, we will have a uniform for that.

5th. Logistics operations, yes we will. It's part of the horizon extension agenda... that's another option for our incoming members. With wide variety of choices to choose from, the more pilots and not that all; good reputation overall.

Thats all there is to it, for now. I am still in the process of looking for a webmaster and yet negotiating with this one I have now. You can always help me to look for a webmaster as well, even more great.

To sum it all up; We will simulate every operations of EK while maintaining a fun and professional environment for our members!! We will set new standards in this virtual industry...

Romano Lara
Emirates Virtual

Romano Lara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnathon Neilsen Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:57 am

Thank you guys for your feedback.

I have already made the decision that we are a all platforms supported VA. FSX and FS9 are welcomed, and if we want maybe some FS8 (2002) inclusion as well. I know few that havent changed. Smile

Aircraft support is a must, a have a number of paints already for the PSS 777, A330 and A340, but with Avsim down these seem to been in short supply. If someone comes forward offering to paint our planes, we will not turn down that offer.

I was hoping to allow for X-Plane inclusion as well, but I dont know where there is a FSAcars like client for it.

FSAcars is a definite. FSPassengers will be added aswell. I was thinking we should retain the manual submit, but it must be verified before being approved.

As for codeshares, I am already at work collating the various airlines that EK codeshares with. I was hoping to have a realistic flight database, so that it gives the pilot a random disptach if they wish. Another option I was contemplating was allowing them to book a series of flights. And these then get saved to a logbook. Also was hoping for a detailed training department aswell, one that can provide training documentation on all types of planes we fly, as well as later on down the track, non-cumpolsory currency flights and checkrides.

A flightplanning department is a must if we wish to strive for realism. Here we could offer flightplan downloads, Assign aircraft registrations and SELCALs, Passenger Numbers and fuel and bagagge loads.

I was hoping not to have an entrance exam, however the option remains open. I have noticed with these tho, they tend to drive potential applications away.

I have the Emirates Schedule in front of me, for which I needed two cartridges to print it as its the size of a book! (224 pages :O )

SkyCargo is a definite. There is no way I would do this without SkyCargo. Very Happy I am hoping it will be a subdivision eg http://skycargo.ekvirtual.net with its own managers and training department.

These are all in the works eventually and i hope we can strive for the best here at EKv.

Johnathon Neilsen

Back to top Go down

Post  Romano Lara Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:42 am

Those are fruitful ideas from you guys. I will do my best to get those things done, but not in no time; It'll take time. As for the separate Skycargo to be placed in another division ... I will look into it! I am doing my best in here, but it's worthless without having a webmaster.

About the entrance exams, yes; we will not have an entrance exam as for the reasons it drives potential members away. So this is where our training department comes in to place, members who are in doubt needs help? There's our Training Department...

ACARS we have: FSacars & Xacars. I know there's an Xacars but not sure where, we will also try the use of FS flight keeper. And as for logbook and manual reporting, I will just echo what John said.

I will keep you guys updated. One last thing, if you can also help me find a webmaster/designer; that would be great. Wink

We're gonna be even more better in time. So I guarantee, that we're not just gonna launch anytime next month, tomorrow or next week. All in time... let's work for the best recipe and then we'll cook it later on! Smile

Romano Lara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Kurtz Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:02 am

First thign is first. Webmaster. I don't know any, but I know people who might, so I'm trying! Wink

I have an idea for the entrance exam, and I have no idea why it has never been implemented before (that I know of). So you've got your ranks, right? 0-50hours = trainee, 50-100= FO, etc. Fine and dandy. It's tried and true. My idea is that a guy can come in with no exam and start out as a trainee. If he wants to come in as a FO off the bat, then we throw a written exam at him. If he wants to come in as a Captain, then he's got to go for a checkride, or a more advanced written exam (as a checkride can eat up a lot of possibly un availabe human resources). I also feel that in order to be promoted out of the trainee status (or whatever we decide to call the entry rank), there should be a short 5-10 question test on the company SOP. But I know where you are coming from guys, tests can drive some people away. If done in the wrong way, I believe. Also, you can make the tests optional, but give incentive. Such as offer 1.25 hours logged for every 1 hour flown. (I've seen this incentive for flying online, and it works!)

Moving on. I think support of FS8 and X-Plane is great. The further away from FS9 you stray, the more difficult it becomes, but it can be done.

Agreed, many publishers, and sites already offer repaints for aircraft. But AVSIM is down, and that is a big blow to the community. I am more than willing to take on the role of doing repaints. I just finished two today (for other airlines, and no it wasn't two complete start-to-finish paints in one day, I just happened to finish them both today). Since there are already a good bit out there, I plan to only do them on an as needed basis right now. Once we get settled in, then I will start to work on some special liveries or other offshoots.

As for the dispatching, I think that a manual entry system is a definate. I, too, know a few that haven't changed. Razz Provided I have adequate access, I can verify them. Yes, I agree they need to be verified. Later on, responsibility can be passed on to hub managers, or what/who ever may be. I think the dipatching of, and reporting of routes is essential. It is the most important connection between us, and the pilots.

I think another thing we need to work on, which, I can talk to Mahmoud Fadli about, is having a close relationship with the FIRs/ARTCCs we will be dealing with. I can plan flights all day long, and I know about simroutes and routefinder. But knowing ATC preffered routes is much better. Sometimes the best route isn't always the most obvious.

Robert Kurtz

Back to top Go down

Post  Romano Lara Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:09 am

Good idea, Robert. We can have an exam as always but under this conditions: If you pass, you get in with initial hours as incentive, and when you fail; you will be placed under our Training hub for our training program. How's that?

Oh an also, I just realized I have Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 in here. But it's been quite a while since I last used it, and not sure if I still know. As far as I remember, you can do things in there visually. And it's one of the most advanced web developing software or whatever you call that. I will reinstall that stuff again and I will look onto doing some simple stuffs myself. Here's on thing: if using Dreamweaver CS4, I will need a couple of graphics to use as template. Know what I mean? I will need Rob's help for that.

I will try to learn things as much as possible, time is gold as far as I know ... so I'll try to stick into that. With Dreamweaver I know all things are possible, only if one is knowledgeable to use the software. Yes, it has a lot to offer only if I know all the stuffs it's capable of and know how to use it on it's full capacity. I think I will have to RTFM this time...

Romano

Romano Lara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnathon Neilsen Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:39 am

So Im presuming that when you say can we help you find a webmaster, the other bloke didnt want to do it? Bugger.

I comepletely agree on the tests Rob. For the application process, we give them a choice of what they want to be. Then we inform them of the proceedure and if they are happy to do so it moves from there.

If you wouldnt mind liasing with VATME Rob, that would be great, and infact it may just create a new wave of interest as the majority of the Middle-East people dont read the VATSIM forums all that often, so word of mouth is crucial in this part. Great Idea to ally with VATME.

Thats Great Romano, good Luck!

Johnathon Neilsen

Back to top Go down

Post  Romano Lara Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:17 am

Great news! We've got our selves a 'temporary' webmaster, we have agreed that he will just setup the website from scratch but will not work with codes for other features etc. But this is just fine, who knows maybe he will love the job and stay with us and be our official webmaster. I will start working with him asap, and once everything is done I will let our CEO know.

Johnathon, I will handle this IT stuffs for the moment. There's a lot of work to do ... I will keep you both posted on whats going on. Great stuff, huh!

Romano

Romano Lara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnathon Neilsen Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:16 pm

That is great new Romano. Absolutly great. Very Happy

Johnathon Neilsen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Allison Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:59 am

OK don't hold your breath, but I might be able to get you someone to design a custom-made flight tracker - if that's what you want.

Jack.

Jack Allison

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnathon Neilsen Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:16 am

What cant you do/organise Jack? Shocked Very Happy

That would be awesome if we had our own tracker. I dotnt know where the other stand, but I can imagine they would feel the same.

Johnathon Neilsen

Back to top Go down

Post  Romano Lara Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:48 am

Custom made? I think we'll just stick with FSacars, Fspax & Flight keeper. Those simple are the best, I've tried a custom flight tracker like US Airways VA custom made tracker, it's no good. Sometimes, it's filled with bugs and causes some uncertain performance in FS. We're going to use the said softwares, that's it. Though I appreciate your proposal, but we don't need that, yet.

Romano Lara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rozkeresteci Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:08 am

FSacars is a great addon really,but if it's used fully.American Virtual (joinava) as I could experienced using it great.There is a flight database on the web page you can book and fly that flight,when you fly it,it automatically drops from your booked flights.And there is a section in the FSacars called "Flight From VA" when you click on it,the Flightplan fills auto by your booked flight details.It's really nice and usefull.I think it's the best for a VA that will have many members,as it's free,and the other options are payware.

rozkeresteci

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Allison Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:31 am

Fair enough Romano - I personally find freeware ACARS systems a put-off, and if Emirates Virtual is going to be just as professional as you're wanting it to be, freeware ACARS just isn't the way to go. Anyone can make a quick website, get a few routes and set up a freeware ACARS system.

As I say - ultimately, it's your decision. I'll tell the programmer that you're not interested, a shame in my opinion pale

Jack.

Jack Allison

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnathon Neilsen Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:55 pm

Jack Allison wrote:Fair enough Romano - I personally find freeware ACARS systems a put-off, and if Emirates Virtual is going to be just as professional as you're wanting it to be, freeware ACARS just isn't the way to go. Anyone can make a quick website, get a few routes and set up a freeware ACARS system.

As I say - ultimately, it's your decision. I'll tell the programmer that you're not interested, a shame in my opinion pale

Jack.

Agreed. Personally I think a personalised tracker would do wonders, as we could change anything we want without getting in trouble, experiment with new things. I thought Romano would have liked the idea but I guess not. I find a Virtual Airline with its own flight tracker are some of the best and most prestigous VIrtual Airlines out there, I would ultimatly like to be one of them.

Johnathon Neilsen

Back to top Go down

Post  Romano Lara Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:53 am

Ooops, my bad!! Smile

Let me clarify the thing I've missed to post. I am always open to those suggestion, I might just be having some headaches yesterday, and honestly I don't know what's going on with me yesterday. So I'm sorry...

Yes you CAN tell him to create the personalized ACARS, as soon as the website is up. John will let you know once the green light is on, but right now; I'm quite busy with other stuffs and especially the website & other real world duties.

So to sum it all, it's a great idea to have our personalized ACARS; together with other software such as FSacars, FSpassengers & Flight Keeper PLUS that personalized ACARS your friend is going to work with. Again, John will let you know once we're ready to work with software developments such as that.

So for now, ALL software developments will be put on hold and we'll get back to you on a later date. Our priority are first the timetable, but things aren't gonna move unless the server for our website is up. And I'm still waiting for that... so we're gonna have to work patience for now.

We REALLY do appreciate your help, and from other else who are willing.

Guys, I apologize if I've been acting like stupid recently. It's just the tremendous stress I'm getting everyday, working with different; school papers, applications forms and tons of MATH & PHYSICS!! Evil or Very Mad

Romano Lara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ideas? Put it right here... Empty Ideas for EK Virtual

Post  Mark Chan Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:13 am

I see that there has been many suggestions over the flight tracker software. Well it definitely would be a bonus to have a personalised flight tracking system on board as we fly. Just to add on, features which i feel the new upcoming flight tracking system for Emirates should be a fuel gauge planner. Well in simplistic terms, it means that the tracker is able to observe the amount of fuel loaded at the starting of the flight and right till it is parked. Our dispatch center should be able to give us the recommended amount of fuel needed for the trip. Hence if we plan our fuel properly as what most pilots do in reality. This enhances realism in the Airline but also makes it economical too.

Next, the tracker should be able to track the pilots progress in a very detailed manner, for example landing rates which we all know is one attribute that would test the pilots capability of operating the aircraft, rate of descent or ascent, bank angle of not more than 20 degress.

This are some of my suggestions, though it may be hard to fulfill but it will definitely add a new perspective of realism into the picture which most airlines would want to follow suit and make us one of the best in the Virtual Airline industry.

Mark Chan

Back to top Go down

Post  Romano Lara Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:31 am

Yes. Actually, all ACARS software can do exactly that. Logs the fuel loaded, fuel consumption, pax loaded, zfw & gr. wt, landing rate etc. Of course, we'll try our VERY best to make those suggestions possible. Wink

O/T: Macarto, your user avatar, right? Mark Chan?

Romano Lara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnathon Neilsen Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:18 am

I would personally love to see the following functions within a personalised client:

-Full interaction and connection with our disptach center (eg you book EK001 DXB-LHR, the system assigns you a departure and arrival gate number, aircraft registration, fuel upload and useage, number of passengers, bags, combined weight, underbelly cargo etc)

-Starts tracking as soon as the Parking Brake is released (Off blocks, push back) and stops when Parkign Brake set.

-Requires the pilot to submit a position report (press of a button) every hour or so to ensure they are present

-Records take off V1, VR and V2.

-Records every input the pilot makes to controls. (eg turns the plane left to 15 degrees bank etc)

I would love to have an advanced dispatch system. For flights that have two legs they will be assigned flight numbers like this, UAE432 which goes DXB-SIN-BNE-SIN-DXB B77W, the first leg would be UAE432A then 2nd would be UAE432B then return is UAE433A then SIN-DXB would be UAE433B. You cant fly leg B until Leg A has been flown within the previous 14 days. If you understand what I mean lol.

I hope this is possible and I look forward to the exciting future we have ahead of us!

Regards

Johnathon
CEO

Johnathon Neilsen

Back to top Go down

Ideas? Put it right here... Empty Ideas for EK Virtual

Post  Mark Chan Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:34 am

Yes, Romano Lara. Its me Mark, nice to see all this development going on. Wish i could do something to help out. Neutral

Mark Chan

Back to top Go down

Post  Romano Lara Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:39 am

Johnathon,

FSacars can actually do that, but not all you've mentioned. It records the Block to Block time; V1, Vr, V2 speeds and flap retraction and extension speeds. Sends a position report to the system every 15 minutes, although there's no such feature that the pilot will have to press a button to submit a position report. Only in FSacars, though I'm NOT sure what are they going to work with that home-built ACARS.

Cheers!

Romano Lara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ideas? Put it right here... Empty Emirates Virtual

Post  Mark Chan Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:18 am

And after Fsacars has send the report back to the dispatch center. A flight score report can be given of the overall performance of the flight, taking into all the factors mentioned above. Once done credit can be given like experience points or recognition to the pilot. This in turns allows us to cultivate a good habit of established good flying skills instead of just chalking up hours to attain the highest rank possible.

Mark Chan

Back to top Go down

Post  Romano Lara Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:12 am

Mark Chan wrote:And after Fsacars has send the report back to the dispatch center. A flight score report can be given of the overall performance of the flight, taking into all the factors mentioned above. Once done credit can be given like experience points or recognition to the pilot. This in turns allows us to cultivate a good habit of established good flying skills instead of just chalking up hours to attain the highest rank possible.

Hi Mark,

Actually, those stuffs are already into plan. It's part of our training syllabus, while training for your type rating those are going to be strictly monitored by our Flight Instructors. Hours are just part of the requirement, and promotions aren't just gonna be done after request even if you've already completed the requirements. Since Jr. First Officer's are going to be watched over by our Flight Instructors, it's already understood that the CFI/II of the respective student will monitor his performance. For those ranks above Captain, I think they're already responsible enough AND given they've already passed through the ratings, they should already know. BUT, they wouldn't be exempted from the monitoring, of course; ALL our Pilots even STAFFS will be monitored by our CFII's to ensure that we're up to standards and shall maintain.

It's already part of our agenda, to ensure professionalism behind every operations are observed. Wink

Romano Lara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum