UAEv Temporary Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggested Model [Freeware & Payware]

+3
Robert Kurtz
Johnathon Neilsen
Romano Lara
7 posters

Go down

Suggested Model [Freeware & Payware] Empty Suggested Model [Freeware & Payware]

Post  Romano Lara Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:27 am

I guess my dad is in the mood to get me some stuffs before school starts. So I told him I will shop online, he granted my wish. So I want to know what payware or freeware models would you recommend that'll support our current fleet?

Here's my list:

747F - PMDG
777 all - PSS
A330 & A340 - CLS
A380 - Wilco? I'll bite a little. I just hope those chefs did pretty well on this food. But 70% of the people I asked about this product, it's another piece of crap from Wilco Pub. I hope this isn't true at all, but anyhow, just for Emirates her highness sakes, I will take a bite!

Any other choices out there? I've heard that the PSS A330 is no good and some says it's the best before Wilco joined in the industry. So how is this true? I have decided to just buy CLS since they have a complete livery list, and good model by far. There's no decent A345 out there as far as I know, so I will just go for CLS. A330 & A340; but this is just temporary. I know once Airsimmer's A330 & A340 is out, I will get those of course. But that's not any time now, but I can wait ... so for now, we're with CLS! Laughing

Romano Lara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Suggested Model [Freeware & Payware] Empty Re: Suggested Model [Freeware & Payware]

Post  Johnathon Neilsen Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:43 am

PSS defintly.
Wilco A380 - Make sure you get v1.3
I use the PSS A330 and A340 and dont have a complaint.
Definately 747F.

Johnathon Neilsen

Back to top Go down

Suggested Model [Freeware & Payware] Empty Re: Suggested Model [Freeware & Payware]

Post  Romano Lara Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:25 am

Thanks, Johnathon. I have here the Wilco A380 v1.4 now! A lot of things I liked about it ... first, it's so frame rate friendly than I expected, and the soundset is great. Above all, I have a flyable A380 on my sim now. That's simply great, now to try out my CLS A330 & A340. Although there's no Fuel Planner, Load Configurator that's available together in the package, which is really disappointing.

Robert/John, so how can I load pax and plan the fuel I'm gonna need? Oh, pax is no problem I guess; I have FSpax anyway! Smile The only problem now is the fuel planner... are there any available for free?

I will compare my PSS A330/A340 and CLS A330/A340 and see who's better. Although it's quite hard since I'm not an Airbus fan and holds no experience flying Airbus aircrafts before. I only fly real airplanes: 737 (before), 767, 777 & 747! Laughing

But I will surely try out, it has a manual anyway.

Romano Lara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Romano Lara Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:18 am

Does anyone know where to get a fuel planner for the Wilco A380, I dont think it's together on the package. There's no Configuration Manager either.

Romano Lara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Kurtz Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:41 pm

I don't know of anything. As usual, Wilco doesn't send anything like that in the package. Rolling Eyes

I doubt there is much information out there for the A380 right now, which is why no one is doing a PMDG/LDS/PSS quality model.

Robert Kurtz

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Claridge Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:46 pm

John,

How are the PSS Airbus models? I've been looking high and low for decent FS9 Airbus products, but so far all I've seen is a whole lot of nothing. Also, do they have realistic systems modeling? If anyone could provide some insight, I'd be very grateful.

Chris Claridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnathon Neilsen Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:01 pm

Chris Claridge wrote:John,

How are the PSS Airbus models? I've been looking high and low for decent FS9 Airbus products, but so far all I've seen is a whole lot of nothing. Also, do they have realistic systems modeling? If anyone could provide some insight, I'd be very grateful.

The model itself is fantastic, the systems are fairly accurate and it has afully functional FMC. I sya that, bcause I havent technically gotten the thing to work yet, so it must be realistic then! Laughing rendeer

Johnathon Neilsen

Back to top Go down

Post  Brandon Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:32 am

All I want to see, if possible, is the realistic fleet, and a VC for the planes, and blocked for download but viewable for people who have not joined the VA.

Brandon

Back to top Go down

Suggested Model [Freeware & Payware] Empty Wilco Airbus A330

Post  Jack Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:24 pm

The Wilco Airbus is actually very good! The VC is very nice and performance-wise the aircraft is bang on. It comes with a fully functional FMC and a working overhead configurable from cold and dark. Yes, like all software, it has its fair share of bugs, and some real-world Airbus pilots say the systems aren't 100% accurate..

..but if you don't fly it in real-world, you can't tell a difference anyway - so what the heck! Smile

Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Kurtz Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:47 pm

Jack wrote:The Wilco Airbus is actually very good! The VC is very nice and performance-wise the aircraft is bang on. It comes with a fully functional FMC and a working overhead configurable from cold and dark. Yes, like all software, it has its fair share of bugs, and some real-world Airbus pilots say the systems aren't 100% accurate..

..but if you don't fly it in real-world, you can't tell a difference anyway - so what the heck! Smile

The depends on which version you are talking about. Volume 1 is garbage, and it's a good thing we don't fly the A32x family. Volume 2 is okay, if you don't mind a lacking simulaton of systems (compared to PSS/LDS/PMDG/CLS).

Robert Kurtz

Back to top Go down

Post  Brandon Lalonde Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:53 am

Will the whole fleet work on FSX? Including the VCs?

Brandon Lalonde

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnathon Neilsen Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:47 am

Brandon Lalonde wrote:Will the whole fleet work on FSX? Including the VCs?

AT this stage we are working on establishing what will work wit FSX and where we will have to spend time researching for speicified models. We do not recommend the use of Freeare planes and panels, mainly because you would need a realistic plane for yout type rating tests.

Johnathon Neilsen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Allison Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:38 pm

Wilco Airbus Vol. 2 is by far sophisticated enough for an Emirates type rating. With the latest updates, the aircraft really isn't too bad! The people complaining about it are the people who've illegally downloaded an older version.

Make sure you get the latest version and you'll be fine - obviously, the Wilco Airbus will play a major part in this VA due to Emirates operating a large number of Airbus.

Jack Allison

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnathon Neilsen Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:42 pm

Jack Allison wrote:Wilco Airbus Vol. 2 is by far sophisticated enough for an Emirates type rating. With the latest updates, the aircraft really isn't too bad! The people complaining about it are the people who've illegally downloaded an older version.

Make sure you get the latest version and you'll be fine - obviously, the Wilco Airbus will play a major part in this VA due to Emirates operating a large number of Airbus.

Believe it or not there is more Boeings in their fleet!

65(777s and 74F) vs 59 (A330, A340 and A380)

That will soon change as we get the rest of the 59 A380s. Shocked

Johnathon Neilsen

Back to top Go down

Suggested Model [Freeware & Payware] Empty Wilco Airbus A330-200

Post  MarkChan Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:56 am

I am quite excited about this whole new EK virtual airline progress and grand opening. This airline does exhibit its intentions of taking Virtual airlines to a whole new level of professionalism and yet dedication to its fellow Emirates Crew. It would be an honor to join Emirates Virtual airlines and perhaps even more so the actual airline in the future.

Anyway back to the topic, does anyone know where are we going to get the Emirates airbus A332 livery since its not available on the wilco website. Only the A345 is available.

Kind Regards
Mark

MarkChan

Back to top Go down

Suggested Model [Freeware & Payware] Empty Wilco A330

Post  Mark Chan Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:59 am

I am quite excited about this whole new EK virtual airline progress and grand opening. This airline does exhibit its intentions of taking Virtual airlines to a whole new level of professionalism and yet dedication to its fellow Emirates Crew. It would be an honor to join Emirates Virtual airlines and perhaps even more so the actual airline in the future.

Anyway back to the topic, does anyone know where are we going to get the Emirates airbus A332 livery since its not available on the wilco website. Only the A345 is available.

Sorry for the double post.

Kind Regards
Mark

Mark Chan

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Claridge Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:12 am

Flightsim.com has a Wilco A332 repaint. All we need to do is email the author for permission to host it on our site.

Edit: Buy the JustFlight A340 Professional, it comes with the A330 also. Great aircraft so far.

Chris Claridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum