UAEv Temporary Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why are we here?

3 posters

Go down

Why are we here? Empty Why are we here?

Post  Romano Lara Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:21 pm

Just to share something with you guys, on why and how I decided to start Emirates virtual. It started somewhere around the previous weeks, I'm not sure when it was exactly. But it's almost a month now on my mind actually. When I was browsing everywhere to look for a good Virtual Airline to join to, I have found Philippine Airlines Virtual ... but suddenly thought that it's with Simmiles and it's no good at all. They like it because of the whole financial thing, which I don't think something to care about. We don't simulate virtual salary in this hobby anyway, if you're given the so called 'virtual money' what can I do with it? Get me 2 virtual IPhone OS 3.0? Know what I mean... Laughing

So I posted on PALv's forum and offered them if they would like to transfer all their operations to another website which of course, I'm gonna pay for. I just want to see them spread their wings further more than they are now. They told me that their gonna think about it, but after weeks of waiting and no one informed me that their still thinking about it, I took it as they've abandoned my generous offer. So I need to come up with another plan. I just decided to continue with my present VA, American virtual Airlines. But I've thought again, why not start your own then? So I talked to this friend of mine who is working with Emirates (airline management graduate) and asked him, if I'm gonna start this whole virtual airline thing ... what could it be? I've thought of starting another Philippine Airlines virtual but it's no luck. The vast majority of Filipino simmers are flying offline, it's like 1:10. So that's not a good idea either! And how about V Australia virtual ... wow, sounds good. But again, not a good one cause most of them will join the ever strict VOZVA. So then I decided for Emirates. There's no good Emirates Virtual out there except for that UAEv in Simmiles which wasn't well structured and to my imagination was just planned overnight and sprung the next day like a mushroom.

Here I am now; I approached Johnathon Neilsen. Asked him if he would like to start a virtual airline which will set new standards, which is gonna be Emirates virtual. To my luck, he accepted the offer and decided to join me to start this out all from scratch. Days later, I decided to send an invitation to Robert because I noticed he's doing some flying with Arabian Airlines ... and thought if he's interested with Middle East flying, and so again my luck; he took the job. Now there's the 3 of us working this VA out all from scratch! Then there was another problem, WE NEED A WEBMASTER. I can't find any, no one seems to be interested. So I posted on the VA News forums of VATSIM, but no luck; all I got was an email from someone in Europe inviting me to join his staff and guaranteed I will get the top positions. Of course, I declined. That was his plain stupid move, why would you court someone in if he himself is planning on doing something. Right? Weeks later, I found Vincent Acierto ... who's also a Filipino who lives in Texas, I met this guy in AvA as well. He showed me his works before, and remembered that when I was looking for a webmaster. Then I catch him flying one time, and immediately shoot him a PM. So we continued our discussion on YIM! I asked him if you can be our webmaster, he simply said "done, deal." when I heard that from him, I was totally relieved and became instantly happy because of that! (I even thought of hiring a commercial webdesigner which'll cost me more than $400 which is extremely expensive for a hobby, when you can get that for free with a help of another VATSIMmer with the ability to do the job.)

Now here we are, making our way up there. With you guys on board (John, Robert & Vince) dedicated people, I'm sure this VA is in good hands and will continue to track it's course to success. Keep that Heading Hold engaged and we're in for a ride! This message is just simply saying, thanks for deciding to help me building this VA. I nearly thought it was impossible before, but never knew; it's possible with determination to do.

Romano Lara
Emirates Virtual

Romano Lara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Why are we here? Empty Re: Why are we here?

Post  Robert Kurtz Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:07 pm

Great post Romano! I know it is early, but I think all three of us are not only devoted to seeing this airline prosper, but as Romano said, setting new standards. I am really looking forward to working with more people with the same mindset.

What made me jump up out of my seat and say yes was the fact that this is Emirates. I believe that Emirates (the real one) is setting new standards in the airline industry, seemingly every day. I hope we do the same for the flight sim world.

Robert Kurtz

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnathon Neilsen Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:06 am

ROmano,

I hope you dont mind me using some this in the SOP, which starts off with a history section, I didnt know what to put in there so thank you! Very Happy What a Face

Johnathon Neilsen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum