UAEv Temporary Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Operations Overview

3 posters

Go down

Operations Overview Empty Operations Overview

Post  Robert Kurtz Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:32 pm

As Emirates Operations Officer, I'd like to set out a clear route from where we currently are to where we need to be.

More of a preflight, here are some key topics I'd like to touch on:
1) We are not currently operating. We can set up a plan and/or goal for our operations, though. Also we can start setting up a database of routes and destinations.

2) We do not have (many) employees yet. But we do need them. I believe Romano is taking care of recuiting, and I'd like to know what you policy is going to be on that until we have a VP/HR. Are the three of us open to select potential employees? Then discuss the applicant/recruit amonst ouselves? Sounds best to me. For now at least we do not need to concern ourselves with records or promotions. Do we need to post any open postitions available on the VATSIM forums? I haven't even looked yet, maybe Romano has done thuis already?

3) We can begin setting up our fleet. What models do we plan to include? Where can repaints be found? Do we have permission to use and/or host these files? How many repaints will we need to make for models that we wish to use, but currently do not have (high-quality) UAE paint? Once we get this sorted out, I can work on doing some repainting until we have a staff of painter(s).

4) No need to worry about any events this early on. Though, I do think that about a month after going public it would be neat to have a Fly-In to both get pilots aquianted, and to "forcefully" annouce our presense to the network.

5) Public relations is also something that will be important. I will partially work on this getting in contact with VATME. But overall, we are going to need to get the word out. This will probably be most efective once the site is up and running, at least partially.

6)Which brings me past conflict resolution, into IT, which is being taken care of. Thanks so much, Vincent!

So to summarize the topics/questions right now are:

1) Lets spell out what our plan is for operations? I think we've settled on high, as-true-to-life-as-possible, realism in flights. Maintaining an inclusive invironment. I believe it is a goal (it is at least one of my personal goals) to have a high-quality trainign environment offered to our pilots. I feel that this training should encompass Online Flight, Flight Basics, Route Planning at a minimum.
I'd like to hear more from you guys on this though

2) How does recruiting new members/employees work? Who has the final say?

3) Kind of public relations...do we want a "coming soon" banner for use in other forums, yet?

This is just my current assessment of what is on the horizon today. I'd like to hear both of your opinions. Johnathon, being CEO please, feel free to let me know anytime what you need done, and what you need to to focus on.

Thanks!

Robert Kurtz

Back to top Go down

Operations Overview Empty Re: Operations Overview

Post  Romano Lara Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:48 pm

About the staff recruitment process; there's no 'formal opening' yet but you are welcome to have your people on board that you think could take part on the management later on, given their skills and as long as they are competent. I am not limiting everything to myself, perhaps I forgot to let you guys know. Yes, you can get people on-board, then decide later on if we're gonna let him take the post.

I have already posted something on the VATSIM Forums, although it's just a Webmaster opening. Johnathon & Rob, if you feel like we need to open our doors now to staff positions so we can work faster not in a manner of rushing though; please do. CEO & COO you have the say on this.

Fleet. Yes, that's also another important thing we need to work on with. Gather our fleet resource, freeware & payware. We're going to need repaints for all 777 this models: Posky, Meljet, Overland & PSS or even Wilco. I have here a UAE repaint but only for the PSS 777-300ER, there's no paint for other variant. So we'll need to work on that.

Robert, I would love the idea of having a coming soon banner for use in other forums. That way, advertisement is in a well observed.

That's all I have for now. But as I've said, if you think we need to open our doors now to staff applications, do so as; it's for the good of this organization anyway. I just didn't want it before because someone might be left without doing anything. That was before anyway, yesterday isn't today. That was when we're just an idea and plain gas and not yet solid, but now we're almost making our way there. So hiring staff people is not a bad idea. Robert & John, I will let you guys decide on this. While I'll just keep working behind the scenes with IT and other finance stuffs.

Romano

Romano Lara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Kurtz Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:33 pm

I don't think it would hurt to bring on someone for HR, and another person to help get the fleet going. But I don't think it's a big rush, either.

Robert Kurtz

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnathon Neilsen Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:38 am

Ok,

Number 1, we do indeed need a VP HR, as then I can dump the nice "we need you" speal on him to do Razz I agreee with the interview process for applicants, so we dont end up thowing a really bad (use the term loosely) person into a serious role.

Number 2, a coming soon banner would be excellent, as it shows straight from the start we have a realistic look and a professional background.

Number 3, A timeline would be a fantastic aid in the devlopment of the organisation, as it will reminds we have something approaching.

Number 4, Fleet. I have already started gathering fleet files amd scenery, although I havent asked for anyones direct permission to do so. I have, POSKY 777, A330, A340 Meljet B777, Overland 777-200ER, 777-300ER, 777-200LR(PSS and Wilco) no luck with A380 yet.

Number 5, Schedules and a database, well I'll just say this, boy do I feel sorry for the poor bugger who has to put flights into a database. 232 A4 pages is the full Emirates Group schedule, includng Codeshare partners and excluding SkyCargo.

At this stage I have just started writing the first parts of the SOP, I will distribute it when it close to completion.

Johnathon Neilsen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum