UAEv Temporary Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emirates Schedules

3 posters

Go down

Emirates Schedules Empty Emirates Schedules

Post  Johnathon Neilsen Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:48 am

Ok,

SInce the Emirates schedules are 232 pages long, It is way too much work for myself.

It can be found here:

http://www.emirates.com/english/Images/May_09_EKW_tcm233-194611.pdf

I dotn quite know what the requirements of the schedules website wise, but the sooner we find out the better.

Romano could I ask you to ask what format Vincent and Dave want it in? Hopefully we can get started right away on it as it is going to be a huge job.

As for Domiciles:

The following airports are shortlisted as Emirates "Crew Bases" as they only operate a hub system through Dubai.

-Dubai (OMDB, DXB, major crew base)
-Singapore (WSSS, SIN, minor base)
-London Heathrow (EGLL, LHR, minor base)

SkyCargo is based in Dubai as well, with Dubai (OMDB, DXB) being their only base.

Cheers

Johnathon Neilsen

Back to top Go down

Emirates Schedules Empty Re: Emirates Schedules

Post  Robert Kurtz Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:07 pm

Oh boy. I'm more than willing to help input all of this, but...wow. That is a lot. Do you have any idea how many typos we are gonna have?! Razz

Robert Kurtz

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnathon Neilsen Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:19 pm

I would say atleats as many as there is pages! Shocked alien lol!

Johnathon Neilsen

Back to top Go down

Post  Romano Lara Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:58 am

Okay, time to bring this matter up. This has something to do with Code Share flights, which I'm suggesting to be removed from our plans. NO CODESHARE schedules will be used, as it will make things more complicated. Now, why? I don't even think that's a CODESHARE flight, but as far as I know those are just simply; connecting flights.

A good example to look at is EK007 which is a flight from Dubai to Aberdeen, given that there's no direct flight from Dubai to Aberdeen there is a connecting flight from London Heathrow on BA1306 which will fly direct to Aberdeen from London.

Just look at it, I'm not sure if that is really a "CODESHARE" flight or simply just a connection flight, to my understanding of codeshare, that isn't one. British Airways is a member of OneWorld Alliance and Emirates is a member of Arab Air Carriers Organization.

Second thing, if we're going to cater connecting flights like this. It's going to be a hell of a job, it's going to be definitely. Just typing up our own schedule is going to be a bunch, what more if we include the connecting flights.

So I suggest we do something like this instead. If you open up the Timetable, you will see the To & From stuffs. Now if you will check again, other flights are flown by BA, AA. And some flights are operated by it's Partner airlines (those with the small airplane sign). Best example is; A flight from Dubai to Bangkok, see EK6200 where it says there that it's operated by it's partner airlines, then that's codeshare cause it's using EK's ID but for sure that's flown by another carrier that's a member of Arab Air Carriers Organization like, Qatar Airways, Gulf Air et al.

Simply that's my suggestion, if you see there's a connecting flight; exclude it. That will save time and will reduce your workloads. As we've mentioned, we stick to our real world counterparts operations. Connecting flights doesn't just seem to work on this part, but for sure codeshare flights will be. BA, QF, AA etc doesn't have a codeshare nor partnership with EK as far as I know. So why fly it? It'll be complicated as well, what's gonna be the codeshare policy; fly with your EKv callsign and use an A320?? Weird. Does any of that makes sense at all?

So I'm asking for your favor to exclude connecting flights operations and not Codeshare, their different. So we're not going to fly to Aberdeen since it's serviced by another carrier, we fly to London Heathrown though. You will see it of course when you open the timetable, so I'm sure it'll be easy for you to sort out what's to and what's not. All I gotta say, I will not support connecting flights, though I will support CODESHARE flights. I hope you guys understand, it's not for me; it's for all and especially for our pilots. We already have different destinations WORLDWIDE like to Amsterdam, Auckland & Adelaide. Wide variety of choices!!!

For those guys who are going to work with the timetable soon, here's how to do. IF EVER AGREED BY THE PARENT BODY!

Open up the timetable > click Dubai on the list on the left side > see that there's a flight to Aberdeen, but Emirates is only reaching LHR. Then we write EK007 (DXB-LHR) > then to find the return flight, again on the left side click London > Notice there's an available flight, which is; EK008 (LHR-DXB) > THAT'S IT!

There's a flight to Abidjan (ABJ) which is serviced by our A343's ... then of course we add that up too. The main thing is, we don't include CONNECTING flights like that flight to Aberdeen which is half serviced by British Airways.

We just go on like that, we then head back to Dubai as our priority is to finish all the flights To and From Dubai. Does any of that makes sense? I hope it does. I would love to hear your comments, feedbacks & or violent reactions about this.

Romano Lara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnathon Neilsen Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:55 am

Hmmm, I see your point Romano, and its taken.

Codeshares/others/whatever are out. We will just focus on our schedules for the timebeing.

Johnathon Neilsen

Back to top Go down

Post  Romano Lara Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:12 am

Thanks, Johnathon.

I also voting to remove ALL CODESHARE flights, I think I mentioned on my previous post that we're going to allow CODESHARE flights and after thinking for a while; it's still going to be complicated. Cause let's say if our codeshare partner uses an A320 for that flight, we can't support it; pilots of Emirates doesn't fly for Gulf Air for sure. Though some would love to have CODESHARE flights, but we'll just focus much on OUR (Emirates) operations, plain white and nothing else.

After doing a quick search on the timetable looking for a codeshare flight, I found EK6200 DXB-BKK. I'm not sure who operates on that though, but maybe it's; Gulf Air, Qatar Airways whoever they maybe, they're not Emirates who's flying it. It's being flown by another carrier which is a member of their Alliance.

Now to make it simple; we are not going to operate codeshare flights and we'll just stick to our (Emirates) operations instead. Wink

Romano Lara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnathon Neilsen Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:23 pm

Romano Lara wrote:Thanks, Johnathon.

I also voting to remove ALL CODESHARE flights, I think I mentioned on my previous post that we're going to allow CODESHARE flights and after thinking for a while; it's still going to be complicated. Cause let's say if our codeshare partner uses an A320 for that flight, we can't support it; pilots of Emirates doesn't fly for Gulf Air for sure. Though some would love to have CODESHARE flights, but we'll just focus much on OUR (Emirates) operations, plain white and nothing else.

After doing a quick search on the timetable looking for a codeshare flight, I found EK6200 DXB-BKK. I'm not sure who operates on that though, but maybe it's; Gulf Air, Qatar Airways whoever they maybe, they're not Emirates who's flying it. It's being flown by another carrier which is a member of their Alliance.

Now to make it simple; we are not going to operate codeshare flights and we'll just stick to our (Emirates) operations instead. Wink

Romano,

I am under the belief that EK6200 is a SkyCargo flight.

Johnathon Neilsen

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Kurtz Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:40 pm

Just to be clear, Emirates is NOT a part of an alliance. That is part of what makes them such a controversial airline. They offer a Skywards program (frequent flyer miles redeemable with other airlines) and they code share with 12 other airlines.

Robert Kurtz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down